|Click to enlage it, or go for
more Beijing Subway Maps
Beijing subway is the fastest transportation in downtown and it is a good way to avoid frequent traffic jams. Presently there are 18 subway lines plus one airport express line in operation. They connect city center stops such as Tiananmen Square, Qianmen, and the railway station with outlying areas.
Operating Subway Lines:
Line 1 (East-West Line): Sihuidong – Pingguoyuan
Full Length: 31 kilometers (19 miles)
Main Stops: Wukesong, Gongzhufen, Military Museum, Xidan, Tiananmen, Wangfujing, Jianguomen, Yonganli, Guomao
Line 2 (Circle Line): (it is a line running beneath the 2nd Ring Road.)
Full Length: 23 kilometers (14 miles)
Main Stops: Xizhimen, Drum Tower, Dongzhimen, Chaoyangmen, Jianguomen, Railway Station, Qianmen, Xuanwumen, Fuxingmen, Fuchengmen
Line 4: Anheqiao North – Gongyixiqiao
Full Length: 28.14 kilometers (17.5 miles)
Main Stops: Yuanmingyuan, Beijing University East Gate, Zhonguancun, Renmin University, National Library, Zoo, Xizhimen, Xinjiekou, Xisi, Xidan, Xuanwumen, Caishikou, South Railway Station, Majiabao
Line 5: Tiantongyuan North– Songjiazhuang (north to south)
Full Length: 27.6 kilometers (17 miles)
Main Stops: Heping Xiqiao, Yonghegong, Dongsi, Dengshikou, Dongdan, Chongwenmen, Temple of Heaven (east entrance)
Line 6: Haidian Wuluju – Lucheng (west to east)
Full Length: 54 kilometers (34 miles)
Main Stops: Cishousi, Chegongzhuang, Pinganli, Dongsi, Chaoyangmen, Hujialou
Line 7: West Railway Station – Jiaohuachang
Full Length: 24 kilometers (15 miles)
Line 8: Zhuxinzhuang – Nanluoguxiang
Main Stops: Olympic Park, Olympic Sports Center Stadium, Guloudajie
Line 9: National Library – Guogongzhuang
Main Stops: National Library, West Railway Station, Liuliqiao, Fengtai Nan Lu
Line 10 (Cricle Line): Taking Bagou as Terminal
Full Length: 57 kilometers (35 miles)
Main Stops: Suzhoujie, Haidian Huangzhuang, Zhichunli, Shaoyaoju, Liangmaqiao, Jinsong, Songjiazhuang, Hujialou
Line 13 : Xizhimen – Dongzhimen
Full Length: 40 kilometers (25 miles)
Main Stops: Xizhimen, Wudaokou, Huilongguan, Beiyuan, Shaoyaoju, Dongzhimen
Line 14: West Section: Zhangguozhuang – Xiju; Middle & East Sections: Shan’gezhuang – South Railway Station
Full Length: 48 km (30 miles)
Main Stops: Zhangguozhuang, Garden Expo Park, Dawayao, Guozhuangzi, Dajing, Qilizhuang, Xiju, Shilihe, South Railway Station
Line 15: Qinghuadongluxikou – Fengbo
Full Length: 41 kilometers (25 miles)
Main Stops: New CIEC, Wangjing
Line 16: Bei’anhe – Xiyuan
Full Length: 50 kilometers (31 miles)
Main Stops: Bei’anhe, Malianwa, Xiaojiahe, Xiyuan
Batong Line: Sihui – Tuqiao
Full Length: 19 kilometers (12 miles)
Main Stops: Sihui, Communication University of China, Baliqiao, Guoyuan, Jiukeshu, Tuqiao
Daxing Line: Gongyixiqiao – Tiangongyuan
Full Length: 22 kilometers (14 miles)
Yizhuang Line: Songjiazhuang – Yizhuang Train Station
Full Length: 23 kilometers (14 miles)
Changping Line: Xierqi ↔ Changping Xishankou
Full Length: 32 kilometers (20 miles)
Fangshan Line: Guogongzhuang – Suzhuang
Full Length: 25 kilometers (16 miles)
Airport Express Train: Dongzhimen – Capital International Airport (T2, T3)
Full Length: 28 kilometers (17 miles)
Main Stops: Dongzhimen, Sanyuanqiao, Capital Airport
The price is charged according to the distance. It is CNY3 for the first 3.7 miles (6km), CNY4 for 3.7 to 7.5 miles (6 to 12km), CNY5 for 7.5 to 13.7 miles (12 to 22km), CNY6 for 13.7 to 20 miles (22 to 32km), extra CNY2 for every additional 12.4 miles (20km) if distance over 20 miles (32km). A Transportation Smart Card can be used for paying. The stops are announced in both Chinese and English. Passengers can query the subway staff to avoid going in the wrong direction and wasting time.
1. A child shorter than 4.3 feet (1.3 meters) cannot ride metro alone. If an adult takes one child below 4.3 feet high on the metro, the child is free of charge; if two, one of the children is free of charge.
2. Tickets are issued for one-day use only.
3. It is suggested to prepare loose change beforehand to take metro. At most stations passengers can buy the ticket either at the Customer Service Center or self-service ticket vending machine, but some stations are only equipped with ticket vending machines which accept 1RMB coins, 5RMB and 10RMB banknotes.
Travel Tips on Taking Beijing Metro:
1. Commonly, there are four entrances in four directions for each stop. So, you should make sure which one to take when getting out of the station or you will probably get lost. You can find signs with the main destinations at crossings of the passageway.
2. The metro stations are clean and have English signs directing tourists to the exits and nearby places that you are likely trying to find.
3. In this city, the metro stations are marked with a blue sign with letter D inside a circle on it.
4. Passengers can find toilets on the platform level or in the ticket hall of each stop.
5. Take good care of your personal things as the crowded carriages have one or two pickpockets on peak hours now and then.
6. No pets can be taken on the metro.
7. Please keep out the yellow line when you are waiting for the metro.
8. There are many attractions worth visiting along the Subway Line 2.
Gulou Stop: Bell and Drum Towers, Hutong and Courtyard
Yonghegong Stop: Yonghe Lamasery, Guozijian, Temple of Confucius, Ditan Park
Jianguomen Stop: Ancient Observatory, Xiushui Market
Qianmen Stop: Tiananmen Square, Dashanlan